Sunday, August 1, 2010

Spending time with a Master

Yesterday I got to spend an hour or so with a Master. What an honor to sit in the presence of a Master who is walking his talk and is following his heart and is a living example. As I was getting ready to write today, I was reminded of how touched I was as we talked, and how honored I was that he came to me to ask for assistance. Wow, totally humbling and empowering to sit in the presence of a Master and know you are being asked to be of assistance. He quietly spoke a few words to show me what it was that I might be able to be of assistance with. Then he let me have the floor. If you know me, this is one of my strengths and one of my weaknesses. I rambled, and I stumbled, I felt around in the dark until I found a nugget that he hadn't seen yet, which we both could tell was authentic and accurate. Perhaps I found two. Who knows. The gift was getting to be be in one another's presence and being seen. You see, this Master is one of our children. No, not one of my husband's and my children, but one of Our children, of the next generation, stepping into his power as a young man, and for a moment, very gently, very graciously, he revealed his Greatness to me. From that moment on, there was no mistaking it. I was in the presence of a Master. I may have been on the planet longer than him right now, but that was irrelevant. I am great-ful for the moments we spent together.

Yesterday was an ordinary day. There was nothing unusual about it other than the fact that for a moment, we reminded one another of our Greatness. We saw one another and were able to be present in The Now. We all get the opportunity to see and be seen by the living, loving Masters around us each day. I think we forget. I think they forget too. I think we just keep going along and living our day to day lives and we just miss it Even when we are awake and paying attention, it is still so easy to miss.

So for today, and ordinary day, do this. Find a Master. See a Master, be seen by a Master. That is part of what we are here to do, to remind one another of our Greatness. I am great-full for the moments yesterday with that Master and with the others that are in and around me every day. For those I live with, for those I see periodically, and for those I come in contact with for just a moment. For the wink and a nod from the Master at Target, the grocery store, the coffee shop, the Thai restaurant. This is just a reminder. Everyday all around us are Masters walking around in disguise. Some are awake and aware and living their purpose and passion. Many have just forgotten, and being seen might be all that they need to begin walking in their Greatness. May you find one today. Oh, and check the mirror.

Blessings to you and yours, for today and all ways, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment