Sunday, April 10, 2011

Little Blessings, Big Gratitude

The weekend comes, the weekend goes. It has been such a week. My eldest brother was in town. It was so great to have him here. He came with a friend as well, and it was such a blessing. They both helped out around the house, helping with the Honey-Do list, which has gotten faded and cobwebby it is so overlooked these days. My husband has been working so many hours lately, needless to say I haven't asked him to do any of those around-the-house chores for awhile. My brother and his friend were not here to assist us. They were working every day to assist our parents as they tend to the estate of our Aunt who passed last year, along with other odd jobs which have been piling up for our parents. Along with all of that, can you believe they did chores around my house too? I am so grateful for all they have done.

So, why am I writing about all of this? I find myself filled to overflowing with gratitude: for being in community, for helping one another out when we need an extra hand, for receiving (I have always found it easier to give), for the loving relationship my brother and I share, for the family of origin I am blessed to be born into, for the gifts which come from sharing your spiritual path openly with those around you, for the blessings of family and dear friends new and old (the friendships, not the friends), for our children and the way they walk in this world, for my loving husband, for our precious dogs, for our loving home, for home cooked meals, for any time spent with loved ones, for contemplative time spent alone, for the sun coming up again and me being here to see it, for the moon shining brightly in my window at night. For, for, for, my list could go on and on. There is so much to be thankful for, little blessings, big gratitude, I could keep on listing.

What are you grateful for? What are the blessings which touch your heart? Who is great-full for you in their lives? Ah...there is the sweet spot, there is where the magic lies. May you have a week of blessings and gratitude, every week, forever and ever, amen.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Looking forward to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Leah! I am enjoying this journey of getting to know other writers, on line and soon in person as well!

    ReplyDelete